Activities & Leisure
LOCAL ENTERTAINMENT & MUSIC
Your aperitif is enjoyed to the sound of music at the Crazy Fish bar, with our local artists performing live. Enjoy our varied entertainment programme from Thursday to Sunday.
As of 1 November 2021, you can enjoy our Explorer Program for a minimum stay of 4 nights and receive a credit redeemable for a range of experiences.
Tamarin Bay is the place to be for water sports lovers, with ideal wind conditions, suitable for all levels of practice. The river lends itself to kayaking and stand-up paddling.
A SPA 100 % LOCAL
Take a time to relax at our Seven Colours Wellness Spa at Veranda Tamarin in a peaceful and retro atmosphere.
Share convivial moments and share your daily stories around a campfire. Participate in the ritual of the 'Tir Traka' by burning your worries on a small piece of paper.
Live the atmosphere of a Mauritian beach party. Dance to the rhythm of the percussions and the Sega dancers, and taste the delicious rum cocktails.
Located in Tamarin Bay, the hotel offers a wide range of water sports that will delight sea lovers. Hikers will also be delighted, the diversity of the Mauritian flora will dazzle their pupils.
No need to leave the hotel to have fun! You can sip a rum-based aperitif at our Crazy Fish bar with live local artists and enjoy AWANAM, our varied entertainment programme from Thursday to Sunday.
Take a time to relax at our Seven Colours Wellness Spa in Veranda Tamarin in a peaceful and retro atmosphere, ideal for relaxation.
If you want to relax, the seven colours spa welcomes you in a warm atmosphere with a retro style.
CULTURE & DISCOVERY
- Street food tour “Taste Buddies”* (including transport - booking 48hr in advance)
- Interactive kitchen at Case Noyale*
- Coffee roasting tour*
- Visit to Martello Tower
- Yemen salt pans
SPORTS & ADRENALINE
Trekking experiences with Yan Nature : (Black River Gorges or Le Morne)
Sport fishing with Fish Whisperer
- Half day (6h)
- Full day (9h)
Selection of activities with Lokal Adventure
- Kayaking on Tamarin River and dolphin watching in the bay
- Hiking “Trois Mamelles” mountain (during the day or sunset)
- Sunset hike to “La Tourrelle” mountain
- Paddle Yoga
- Aerial Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
Discovery tour by electric bike with EXPLORE NOU ZIL*
Sunset trekking at Case Noyale and sundowner/photo stop at viewpoint *
Catamaran cruise (full day)
HOW TO MOVE AROUND ?
(rate per vehicle / subject to availability)
Fun Bike (electric scooter) :
- Full day
- Half day
- Discounted rates for rental over 2 or 3 days.
Mini Moke :
- Full day (12h)
- Half day (7h)
- 1 hour
Electric bicycle :
(reservation 24 hours in advance)
Hotel shuttle :
*These experiences have been exclusively designed to fully experience Veranda Tamarin’s Explorer program. All activities are subject to availability and weather conditions.
WHAT IS EXPLORER PROGRAM?
Explorer is our program of activities encompassing both culture & discovery and sports & adrenaline.
And it comes along with the best option ever: freedom of choice! Happiness is Mobility: rent a car, try a scoot, ride a bike or hop on/ hop off shuttle service !
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our Explorer Program is applicable for clients booking a stay of minimum 4 nights. Each guest at Veranda Tamarin is given a credit redeemable for a list of experiences.
MUR 800 / EUR 16 credit per double room / night
MUR 400 / EUR 8 credit per single room / night
MUR 200 / EUR 4 credit per kid (6 to 12 years old)
Conversion MUR / EUR is subject to change with rate of exchange.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE PROPOSED?
- Street food tour "Taste Buddies "* (activity including transport - booking 48h in advance)
- Interactive kitchen at Case Noyale* (including transport - booking 48 hours in advance)
- Coffee roasting tour* (including transport - booking 48 hours in advance)
- Martello Tower visit
- Yemen salt pans
SPORT AND ADRENALINE
-Trekking experiences at Black River Gorges or Le Morne with Yan Nature
-Sport fishing with Fish Whisperer
-Experiences of your choice with Lokal Adventure
. Kayak on the bay to see the dolphins and on Tamarin River
. Day or sunset hike to 3 Mamelles mountain
. Sunset hike to La Tourelle moutain
-Discovery tour by electric bicycle with EXPLORE NOU ZIL*.
-Sunset trekking at Case Noyale and apéro/photo stop with panoramic view*.
-Catamaran cruise (full day)
BODY & MIND (Lokal Adventure)
WHERE CAN I FIND THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT ALLOCATED?
The number of credits allocated will be indicated in your welcome letter in room.
HOW CAN I BOOK AN ACTIVITY?
To book an activity, please contact the Guest Experience Officers at the hotel.
It is important to note that all activities are subject to weather conditions and upon availability.
IS THERE A MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PER ACTIVITY?
Please check the factsheet where you’ll find all the necessary information.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN?
- Kayaking: from 6 years old: (charged at adult price)
- 3 Mamelles hike: from 12 years old (charged at adult price)
- Sunset Tourelle hike: from 12 years old (charged at adult price)
- Yoga: from 12 years (charged at adult price)
- Children aged 8 and over (charged at adult rate from aged 12)
- Black River Gorges and Le Morne: 8 to 12 years old: Rs1100 or EUR 22
- Any age, as long as the parents feel that their son/daughter can come on board.
- The parent should first ask about the weather forecast to ensure that their child will be comfortable on board. The high sea can be rough.
- No child price as the boat is booked for a private trip of up to 5 people
- Child charged at adult rate as quantity consumed is the same (portion provided for tasting at each food point)
Electro bike discovery tour:
- From 1.45m. (Approx 10 years old) children are charged the adult rate as they take a seat / bike like everyone else.
Case Noyale Experiences: Children = under 12 years old. From 12 years old = adult rate
- Trekking to Case Noyale at sunset + aperitif: Rs 1200 per child
- Coffee Tour: Rs 750
- Interactive cuisine at Case Noyale: Rs 1850 per child
- Full day catamaran cruise (child = 5 to 12 years) = Rs 1050
DOES THE HOTEL PROVIDE TRANSPORT?
Some activities include transport from the hotel. If not, you can choose another mean of transport such as an electric scooter, mini-moke, electro bike, or the hotel shuttle. Prices are indicated here.
IS CANCELLATION POSSIBLE WITHOUT A FEE?
Cancellation conditions vary according to our providers:
Lokal Adventure :
- No activity will be refunded unless the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the activity will be considered as due.
- In case of delay exceeding 15 minutes, the activity is due.
- The activity is maintained in case of cloudy weather and temporary rain, except if it presents a risk for the clients.
- Lokal Adventure and its team of guides will be the sole judge of the cancellation or interruption of the activity.
Yan Nature :
- All cancellations and modifications must be confirmed in writing and you will receive a written acknowledgement. Upon receipt of your confirmation, the notice period becomes effective, and your booking will be released for re-sale. Cancellation/modification fees are calculated as below and are based on the total value of the booking: 24 hours or less (from the date of the event): 50% On the day of the event: 100%.
As indicated below, cancellation of a reservation may result in a fee being applied by Taste Buddies:
- For cancellations with more than 48 hours’ notice, no cancellation fee will be applied. The customer will receive a refund in MUR, after deduction of any bank charges or fees.
- For cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds will be made.
Cancellation due to bad weather or other reasons:
- If Taste Buddies cancels a tour/activity in advance or on the day of the activity, two options are available:
- A re-booking is possible on an alternative date.
- A full refund of the fee in Mauritian Rupees.
Weather conditions that warrant cancellation by Taste Buddies include, but are not limited to, cyclone warnings (class 2 or above) or torrential rain warnings issued by the relevant authorities.
Case Noyale experiences:
ACTIVITY 1 - Case Noyale Trekking:
- Cancellation of the activity more than 3 days before the scheduled date does not result in a cancellation fee
- From 3 to 24 hours before the scheduled date: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 24 hours or no show: 100% cancellation fee
ACTIVITY 2 - Coffee Roasting Tour
- Cancellation of the experience more than 3 days before the scheduled date: No cancellation fee
- 3 to 24 hours before the scheduled date: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 24 hours or no show: 100% cancellation fee
ACTIVITY 3 - Interactive Cooking - in the Gardens
Cancellation of the experience
o More than 1 month before the scheduled date: No cancellation fee
o Less than 5 days before the scheduled date: 50% cancellation fee
o 3 to 24 hours before the scheduled date: 75% cancellation fee
o Less than 24 hours before the scheduled date: 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation by participants
o Less than 3 days before the scheduled date: No cancellation fee / conditions apply if the total number of participants is less than 25%.
o 3 to <24 hours before the scheduled date: 50% cancellation fee
o Less than 24 hours or no show: 100% cancellation fee
Croisières Australes : Catamaran tour
- Cancellation made more than 24 hours before the scheduled date: No cancellation fee
- At least 12 hours before the scheduled date: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 12 hours or no show: 100% cancellation fee
All excursions are refundable if Fish Whisperer Ltd cancels or reschedules the excursion.
If the client cancels the excursion 7 days prior to the scheduled date, 100% of the deposit will be refunded.
If the client cancels the excursion 4 days prior to the scheduled date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
If the client cancels the tour less than 4 days before the scheduled date, the client will not be refunded the 40% deposit.
If a client feels unwell and requests to be taken ashore, the trip will be considered over (there is NO option to take the 'ill' client ashore and set sail again) and the client MUST pay the full amount of the trip.
Fish Whisperer Ltd may decide, in the best interest of its clients and for safety reasons, to cancel a trip even if the client does not wish to do so. In this case too, the tour will be considered as completed and no refund will be made.
Electrobike discovery tour :
In the event of torrential rain, Explore Nou Zil reserves the right to cancel the ride.
However, if the client wishes to cancel or postpone the tour to a later date, there are three alternatives available:
48 hours’ notice = free of charge
24 hours' notice = 50% of the price of the tour must be paid
Cancellation on the same day = non-refundable
Once the excursion has started, it cannot be refunded in case of bad weather. However, we will do our best to adapt to the situation in order to make the tour as pleasant as possible. (It is important to bring a raincoat)
IF I CAN'T/WON'T USE MY CREDITS, WILL THEY BE LOST?
If you don't use your credits they will be lost.
ARE THE CREDITS TRANSFERABLE?
Credits are neither transferable nor exchangeable with other guests.
IF MY FAVOURITE ACTIVITY REQUIRES FEWER CREDITS, WHAT TO DO WITH THE BALANCE?
If the activity you are interested in requires fewer credits, the remaining credits will be kept, and you can use them for other activities. Credits remaining at the end of the stay are not refundable.
IF MY FAVORITE ACTIVITY REQUIRES MORE CREDITS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If the activity you are interested in requires more credits than you have left, you can still book it, you will pay the difference between the price and your remaining credits
CAN I KEEP MY CREDITS FOR MY NEXT STAY WITH YOU?
Credits cannot be accumulated over several stays, so you cannot keep credits for a future stay at Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa.
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
- 1 main pool
- 1 rooftop pool *
- Fitness center
* Only for Privilege clients
AT EXTRA COST
- Surf school
- Kite surf school
- Swimming with the dolphins
- Boat excursion
- Stand Up Paddle
- Big Game fishing (See Explorer Program)
- Scuba diving PADI (Excluding on Sunday)
- Bicycles rental
- Board games
- Catamaran excursions (See Explorer Program)
- Spa treatments & massages - Learn more
- Golf (Possibility to play at Heritage Golf Club (Chargeable)